Volunteers are a vital part of the Maker community – it’s our team of passionate and dedicated volunteers that make the Faire possible! In collaboration with our small crew of VMF organizers, volunteers create an enthusiastic and supportive space for Makers and attendees to connect, share, and learn. From set-up to tear-down, previous VMFs have relied on the help of over 150 volunteers. Our new venue eliminates many of our previous volunteer roles, but there’s still plenty of work to be done, and we’d love for you to join us!
All on-site VMF volunteers:
- Are required to volunteer a minimum of 4 hours.
- Are required to review the VMF Volunteer Training Manual and attend an orientation/training session.
- Are expected to perform their duties to the best of their abilities, maintain a collaborative and supportive attitude, have fun and make friends!
2019 Volunteer Roles:
- Pre-Event Admin: Help the organizing team prep for the show. Tasks include creating signage, posting Maker info to the VMF website, and stuffing envelopes.
- Set Up Crew: We always need plenty of hands for set up on the Friday before the show! You could be setting up tables, putting up signs, or assisting Makers with their load-in.
- Maker and Volunteer Check-In: On Friday you’ll assist Makers with check in, give them welcome packages, and direct them to their booths.
- Hands-On Activities: Help MFV attendees with some hands-on activities; keep the activity stations clean and organized.
- Information Booth: Answer questions from the public regarding the Faire, conduct sales transactions, conduct exit surveys. Must be very comfortable talking to strangers!
- Documentation: Do you have mad skills when it comes to photography and videography, especially at events? The documentation team is an important part of building the legacy of the Vancouver Maker Faire.
- Tear Down Crew: After the fun is over, there’s still work to be done! Assist Makers with load out, take down tables, clean up.